Sunday, March 2, 2008

The George and Vulture

Davina's friend Mark decided towards the end of last year that he wasn't enjoying his job so much over here so he and 3 mates went and bought a pub. It is called the George and Vulture (what is it with the weird and wonderful pub names over here?) and is in Pitfield Street in North London. Last night, after weeks of refurbishment that they did themselves, it had it's opening night.

As is the way with London, the Northern line was shut on the branch that stops at Old Street which is the closest tube station to the pub. Added to that the fact that the overground station at Old Street was also closed, it took most of us over 2 hours to get there. But it was great to see some familiar faces and share a pint of brew (or in my case a Strongbow laced with blackcurrent - don't knock it till you've tried it) at a pub that is now part of our "London family".

It never ceases to amaze me every day that my photos contain the people nearest and dearest to me. 98% of which I had never met 18 months ago. Huge shout out to Davina, who was the photographer of the night and whose photos I have "acquired" for this blog. Cheers mate!

So if you are in London at all, stopping over of staying for a while, why not head up and over to the George and Vulture?
Photos from top to bottom:
1) The bar at the George and Vulture
2) Barry and Davina
3) Nina, Me, Davina and Gabby
4) Rachael and Davina.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.