Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Ballet

Last Thursday my class went on an excursion to the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden to see the Royal Ballet Company’s production of “Sylvia”. I wasn’t sure what to expect as I had never seen a ballet before, never taken Year 5 on an excursion and certainly never travelled on the tube with children. But I loved it. And am planning to go back and see another performance (not Sylvia but something else) at night when I don’t have a theatre full of school aged children surrounding me.

I was very proud of my kids though because there were high school children screaming and hollering throughout the performance. But my class sat quietly and watched and clapped which was really lovely to see. Goes to show you that money does not necessarily buy you manners!

Strange but true fact… it turns out that Jonathan (my cousin’s husband) actually produced the one off performance’s programme! Small world huh?


Still searching for a house. As of Sunday afternoon I have now seen 16 places. As of next weekend I am officially desperate! Keep your fingers crossed for me please.

Just before I went home Karen, Vic, Nicola and I went ice-skating in Hyde Park for the Winter Wonderland festival. It was great fun and although cold, the atmosphere was amazing. Felt like a little bit of Scandinavia in London!

No comments: