Thursday, February 1, 2007

A bit of a sad on really...

I'm having a bit of a sad on at the moment. Had a particularly bad day on Tuesday. I have caught a very ugly snozzle bug coupled with a tummy bug and a dash of fever. Plus when you add that with Kinga changing her mind at the last minute and leaving us high & dry, not being paid for the work I have done over the past 3 weeks and being told that I have to work even though I can't stand up without having a coughing fit because I committed to it, it was not a good day. Oh and the dodgy landlord still hasn't collected his stuff or given us permission to throw it out. It tell you, only in LONDON!
Have figured out that if you want something done you have to yell, scream, jump up and down, stalk and repeatedly email. Then, if you are lucky, the person you are doing all this to might get annoyed and do what you asked them to do just to get rid of you. So far, apart from my friends and family here, the only nice people I have met are the pharmacist with cough medicine and a taxi driver who helped me with the shopping bags to our front door.
Luckily I am leaving London for the weekend to visit Brussels and go to the Museum of Chocolate so hopefully when I get back things will look better.
I did discover something though...you really shouldn't go grocery shopping at Sainsbury's when you are high on cough medicine, ibuprofen and panadol. If you do, you might just end up finding out you came home with 6 packets of hot chocolate mixture and 3 bottles of honey, like I did!

1 comment:

deev said...

oh, alex, that sucks. Hope that your weekend in brussels is good therapy for you!

i'll have to give you a big hug (they always make me feel better) and then some shower caps. and so hopefully then, in combination with your belgian chocolate you will be feeling great!!!

see you soon
deev